This task force is a ministry of Forward in Faith North America to support Anglo-Catholic church planting
After being appointed in July by Fr. Lawrence Bausch (president of Forward in Faith North America) to lead FIFNA’s church planting efforts, Fr. Chris Culpepper has named the founding members of the FIFNA church planting task force:
- Canon Phil Ashey: CEO, American Anglican Council
- Fr. Chris Culpepper: president of the task force and Rector, Christ the Redeemer (Ft. Worth, Texas)
- Rt. Rev. Chandler Jones: Bishop Suffragan, Diocese of the Eastern United States and Rector, St. Barnabas (Dunwoody, Georgia)
- Rt. Rev. Win Mott: Bishop, Diocese of the West (REC)
- Fr. Lee Nelson: Vicar, Christ Church (Waco, Texas)
- Canon Steven Saul: Director of Church Revitalization and Coaching, American Anglican Council
- Rt. Rev. Stephen Scarlett: Bishop, Diocese of the Holy Trinity and Rector, St. Matthew’s (Newport Beach, Calif.)
- Mr. J. West: communications coordinator for the task force
- Fr. Bill Wilson: Curate, St. Andrew’s (Round Rock, Texas)
These nine represent four jurisdictions — ACNA, ACC, APA and REC — as well as the AAC parachurch organization. All have an interest in developing and supporting Anglo-Catholic church planters.
The task force will also be working with the ACNA’s church planting efforts — in particular, with Canon Dan Alger who now canon for church planting for the ACNA, Anglican Diocese of the South — as well as a church planter and rector of Anglican Church of the Redeemer (Dacula, Georgia).
For more information about the task force, contact Fr. Culpepper.